Today is a mix. It’s like someone bought one of the good bags of candy- you know, the one with the name brand (Hershey) chocolate- and one of the crappy bags of candy- ya know, the cheap one with the sorry excuses for cheap candy- and mixed it all together in a decorative bowl. Then, I grabbed a handful, and that’s how this day is. Confusing? Let me count the ways that this day is awesome, and also sucks all of the… well, it just sucks:
- First day of October! Yea, real fall!
- It was 64 degrees when I took Shelby to school… 64! That’s practically snow, right?
- I get to stay home and focus on Do-It Day, which I will explain in a minute
- I’m still in Dustin’s pajama pants
- There’s a brand new bag of coffee in the cabinet
That all sounds marvelous, no? Well, that loveliness bulleted above is tempered by the facts that:
- The reason I’m home is that my Dooney Burke purse was stolen out of my car while parked UNDER MY OWN CARPORT, and with it, my server’s permits
- Although I called the local permit office for a replacement Friday morning, no one could be bothered to sign the damn thing then, and may not bother to do so today
- I can’t go to work without my own personal copy, so therefore, no work for me until the permit person can be bothered to sign a slip of paper
- I had just decided to start saving up all my tips (not used for gas) for something awesome
- I need gas in my car
- I’m home, and home is where the laundry is
So, yeah. That’s my ranting and bitching for today. I feel a little better, actually. Cool.
“But what is Do-It Day?!” I’m so very glad you asked! I decided that since we’re going to Texas to visit everyone on the 26th, exactly 26 days from today, and I’m just sick of myself, I’m going to really hit the healthiness full force for the next 3+ weeks. [OMG, I just heard a bunch of crows and the wind! It is SO Fall!] If you’ll remember, last Fall I lost some serious (for me) weight, about 30 pounds. I did it quickly, and with no exercise, but it wasn’t fun. Almost all I ate was raw vegetables. You couldn’t see it, but I scowled as I typed that. I’m not going to go THAT crazy with it, but I do want to try to lose a little somethin’ somethin’ before going home. And Dustin is going to do it with me, which will be fun, right up until 3 days from now when he’s already lost 10 pounds and needs new pants.
Because, let’s be honest, that’s what it’s really about
I’m not setting an end goal, just a goal that I do my best to make healthy choices, and try ever-so-hard not to binge. I’ll also be exercising this go-round, so hopefully the results will be good. I’ll post here what workout type thing I’ll be doing that day (when I am able to blog- who knows, that permit may never get signed and I may inadvertently become a housewife again!). Today I’m going to try out the 5 Minute Brazilian Butt Lift! Sounds feisty and exciting! Not sure what the menu is going to look like- I’ll have to scan my Pinterest a little more before I nail one down for the day. If I’m here tomorrow, I’ll letcha know.
Ugh, a list? A to-do list? I really did forget I’d have to make one. Dustin cleaned the kitchen most gloriously last night, so I suppose it would be the “right” thing to do today…. Balls.
Call the permit office Not yell at secretary for the incompetence of her boss(es) and the stupid state laws by which they operate
- Make coffee
- Search Pinterest for low fat high, yumminess food choices
- Pick up living room*
- Clean bathroom sink
- Scrub toilet
- Wipe down shower
- Shower myself
- Watch Real Housewives of New Jersey Season Finale part 2 on DVR
Something just got moved to the top of the list! Have a great day everyone!
*In case years from now Shelby is scanning the interwebs and she comes across this blog, I want to be sure to give her the shout out she deserves- She picked up her toys from last night this morning, and I only had to ask twice! AND, she didn’t complain about it! This might be a record.