Happy Cyber (or in my case, Coveting) Monday! And also, Happy Food Resentment Week! I for one had a smashing good time in Texas, which makes for a happy Hausewife. In fact, due to 6 days of Mexican food, Margaritas and Mama’s cooking I am currently 8 pounds happier. But it’s cool. After I enjoy the huevos rancheros I’m about to make us for brunch (we’ve had something of Tex-Mex origin every day since we got back…), it’s back to grapefruit juice and raw zucchini.
Also back on the agenda: Laundry. And lots of it. I could have easily done it at Mom’s house- or even pouted her into doing it for me- but my stepdad’s Dog of Satan hangs out in the wash room, so no. Besides, who doesn’t love having to drive home in pajama pants and arrive with a suitcase full of dirty clothes? It’s part of the joy of holiday travel! And it is Monday, the traditional New Orleans day for laundry and red beans & rice. So yes, laundry and beans today. Also coming up:
- Unpacking the car (Boo. I think I’ll make The Husband do it.)
- Picking up around the house after a lazy recovery weekend
- Check out the Cyber Monday deals and lament that payday is 4 days away
- Fold clean laundry (I’d say “and put away” but really, there’s no need to lie to you good people. It’s not getting put away today.)
- Unload the dishwasher
- Probably make another pot of coffee
- Start red beans
- Do some stretching (because I’m still too bloated to do actual calisthenics.)
- Pare down the DVR and try to remember to finally reset SNL to record
- Rearrange the Christmas decorations my hubby was kind enough to set about without thought to aesthetics or cohesion
Sounds like a full but not awful day at home with my bacon bringer. Let me know if you get any good deals online today, so I can congratulate you and then talk bad about you to myself!